A watch for Pilots and Travelers
After 3 years of research and two major innovations, Gavox is proud to present the Gavox Aurora.
The Aurora is the world’s first multi function quartz watch that handles all geographical and political time zones. It can keep track of a reference time and display a local time by increments of 15 minutes, in order to handle non-standard time zones with a difference of 15, 30 or 45 minutes. As much as 20% of the world’s population lives in non-standard time zones.
Designed based on the feedback of professional pilots, the watch also includes navigational features such as fly-back mission timer and countdown. Astronomical features include: perpetual calendar and moon phases.
The display borrows cues from aircraft instruments to allow a quick read of uncluttered information; and all functions are displayed in semi-circles, which prevents the hands from overlapping and hiding critical information.
Forged in surgical stainless steel, the case can be immersed to a static depth of 100 meter and is fitted with an anti-glare crystal that only diamond can scratch.
The watch comes with the instruction manual and a Gavox-branded wooden box. It will be available for purchase at the online store www.time2give.be.
Technical Specifications :
- Measurements Ø 43 x 50.5 x 12 mm
- Measure between lugs 22mm
- Autonomy between 4 to 7 years depending on mode usage
- Analog watch with 4 hands (1 for the mode, 3 for the information).
- Day and night visibility thanks to luminous hands and markings. Swiss Superluminova DGW9.
- UTC time reference, and local time by increments of 15 minutes.
- Countdown from up to 31 hours, with visual alarm.
- Mission chronograph to 31 hours, with split and flyback features.
- Perpetual calendar with simultaneous indication of date, day, month and leap year.
- Moon phase.
- Surgical 316L stainless steel, highly impervious to salt and sweat.
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflection coating.
- Water-resistance to pressure of 10 ATM (333 ft).
- Serial number.
“I am proud to unveil this Gavox Aurora. I have been working very hard to combine design,technology and ergonomy. I trust you will appreciate the details & ingenuity that makes this watch a world first.”
Reviews of this watch: